Innovative design for upgraded capability
ScanEagle3 was designed to double payload capacity without compromising endurance.
Carries multiple payloads at double the capacity of our ScanEagle
Rapid Payload Integration
Adjustable wings move to alter center of gravity for rapid payload integration in the field
A new propulsion system and slotted flaps accommodate more payload weight with increased endurance
Get the full specs and details.
Size and Weight
- Length: 7.6-8.2 ft / 2.3-2.5 m
- Wingspan: 13 ft / 4 m
- Gross takeoff weight: 80 lb / 36.3 kg
- Max payload weight: 19 lb / 8.6 kg
- On-board power: 170+ W for payload
Sensors and Data
- EO950 (EO camera and EO telescope)
- Dual Imager (EO and MWIR – day and night)
- ViDAR (maritime surface search)
- Video datalink: Digital-encrypted
- C2 datalink: Encrypted, unencrypted
- Endurance: Up to 18 hours
- Ceiling: 20,000 ft / 6,096 m
- Max horizontal speed: 80 knots / 41.2 m/s
- Cruise speed: 40-50 knots / 20.6-25.7 m/s
- Engine: Heavy fuel (JP-5/JP-8)
Easy solution for sophisticated payloads
ScanEagle3 doubles the payload capacity of our ScanEagle and can carry multiple payloads simultaneously.
Enhanced Electrical Architecture
Onboard networks and improved industry-standard connections allow easy integration of more sophisticated payloads.
ScanEagle3 is free of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in its baseline configuration.
ScanEagle3 provides a simple upgrade path for many existing ScanEagle payloads.
Built to Emerging FAA Standards
Compliance enables future commercial and civil operations.
With over 1.3 million operational hours, our systems are trusted by defense, government, and commercial customers across 50 global sites of operation.
Ready to learn more?
Operate ScanEagle 3 with these Insitu systems.
In the News
Brazilian Navy activates its first Squadron of Remotely Piloted AircraftRead More »
NAVFAC Completes Construction Of Royal Thai Navy Facility In 100 Days
Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Thailand completed construction of an UAS Operations Support Facility on June 9Read More »
Australian Army commences training on Integrator UAS
Insitu Pacific has announced it has commenced the first pilot’s course for the Australian Army’s new Integrator uncrewed aircraft systemRead More »