Quality Policy, Certifications & PatentsTweet
Insitu earns customer loyalty and satisfaction by providing timely, innovative, defect-free products and outstanding services driven by a culture of systematic, continuous improvement and use of metrics.
Our AS9100 Aerospace Standard/Certificate of Conformance issued from STR-Registrar LLC has been registered to the AS9100 Aerospace Standard since September 2007, and we completed the AS9100 Rev C upgrade audit in June 2012. The scope of our registration is for design, development, production and delivery of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), field support, repairs and operator training.
Our quality management system is compliant with AS9100 REV C and ISO 9001:2008 requirements. Our certificate is registered in the OASIS database, registration number 12-82591 and certificate issue date July 10, 2012.
The DHS SAFETY Act Certification and Designation means that we are a certified and designated Anti-Terrorism Technology. This assures the government and our customers less potential liability in the event of a catastrophic event (an act of terrorism). It also, in theory, gives the government a quicker way to deploy or procure since we have this certification/designation.
Thirty-two patents have been issued, and there are 39 applications and 21 provisional applications.
- Class 1 (major): SkyHook® Recovery; Stabilized Imagery; Heavy Fuel Engine; IMUSE Operator Interface
- Class 2 (minor): Autonomy; Airframe; Long-Endurance Gas Engine; Modularity; Onboard Vision System; Low Magnetic Noise; Mode C Transponder
Sample list of issued patents:
- SkyHook Recovery System: Patents held in U.S., Australia, Canada, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, U.K., France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Portugal. Patented in 2001.
- Light-Weight Antenna Structures: Patented in 2005.
- Pneumatic Launcher: Patented in 2006.
- Gyro-Stabilized Turret & Tracking: Patented in 2006.
- Storage Container/Work Platform: Patented in 2006.
- Satellite-Based Relative Positions: Patented in 2006.
- Structural Strengthening Methods: Patented in 2006.
- Catapult Cradle: Most recently patented in 2007.
- Airborne Engine Auto-Start: Patented in 2007.
- Servo/Actuator Mounting: Patented in 2007.
- Diversity And Error Control Codes: Patented in 2007.